Off topic but germane...

  • Stolzi@xxx.xxx
    Message 1 of 2 , Jul 11, 1999
      To all Sayers fans and maybe other types as well --

      A Brit friend wrote a very neat and nearly-comprehensible summary of the laws
      of cricket on a discussion board I frequent. I have saved this and will
      private e-mail it to anyone who requests it. It has already helped me get a
      great deal more sense out of what happens in the cricket game between
      Brotherhoods and Pym's Publicity in MURDER MUST ADVERTISE. Perhaps it will
      also help me with the episode of MORSE in which Sgt Lewis plays as a
      substitute for the Clarets.

      Now the guy wants =us= to explain baseball - !
    • Edith Louise Crowe
      Message 2 of 2 , Jul 12, 1999
        Mary,

        I would view your sharing of this information as an important public
        service. As a fan of British mysteries both "Golden Age" anf newer, I
        often run into such cultural conundrums. I've always wondered just what
        a googly is.

        Edith