RE: [mythsoc] BW's next year topics (tentative)

  • Matt Fisher
    Message 1 of 7 , Jun 6, 2001
      Diane,

      I agree with David Bratman that the list looks good. I also second his
      suggestion that we reverse the order of the Gaiman and LeGuin, as that will
      make it easier on those of us who are library dependent. For what it's
      worth, I doubt that the Powers will be out in paperback by November....but
      it should certainly be obtainable by the library route.

      Matt
    • Joan Marie Verba
      Message 2 of 7 , Jun 6, 2001
        Once again, please keep in mind that there are many members of this list
        who won't know what "BW" means, and if it's mentioned on this list,
        please explain what it is in the post.

        BW is Butterbur's Woodshed, a regular publication that discusses various
        Mythopoeic-related works.

        Just a friendly reminder.

        Joan Marie Verba
        Your friendly neighborhood Mythsoc list administrator
      • Stolzi@aol.com
        Message 3 of 7 , Jun 6, 2001
          In a message dated 06/06/2001 3:38:03 PM Central Daylight Time,
          verba001@... writes:

          > BW is Butterbur's Woodshed, a regular publication that discusses various
          > Mythopoeic-related works.

          We should also say, though it's covered on the webpage, that BW is not a
          subscription magazine; it is sent only to its member/contributors.

          Though I'm sure Diane wd be happy to hear from any of you about good
          suggestions for our next year's (running Sept 2001-July 2002, every other
          month) topic list.

          And we happily send sample issues ($2) to people with a serious interest in
          becoming members.

          Mary S
        • Stolzi@aol.com
          Message 4 of 7 , Jun 6, 2001
            In a message dated 06/06/2001 1:44:30 PM Central Daylight Time,
            dbratman@... writes:

            > the Le Guin

            But.. what about the TALES FROM EARTHSEA which you reviewed in the new
            MYTHPRINT? My appetite's kind of whetted for that one. It comes before THE
            OTHER WIND.

            >anonymous "stew"

            What about gruesome stew, such as wd better =remain= anonymous?

            Grimmly,
            Mary S
          • dianejoy@earthlink.net
            Message 5 of 7 , Jun 7, 2001
              dbratman@... writes:

              > the Le Guin

              But.. what about the TALES FROM EARTHSEA which you reviewed in the new
              MYTHPRINT? My appetite's kind of whetted for that one. It comes before THE
              OTHER WIND.

              So's mine; perhaps people could discuss either one? I didn't review that one; David Bratman did. And an excellent job he did.

              >anonymous "stew"

              What about gruesome stew, such as wd better =remain= anonymous?

              I can imagine a dreadful inn which served fried demon leg and grue stew.
              Toothsome! Obviously a four star stop on *Fodor's Guide to Hell.* ---djb.

              Grimmly,
              Mary S

              http://www.mail2web.com/ .