Re: [mythsoc] Narnia without Allegory

  • Matthew S Winslow
    Message 1 of 2 , Jun 6, 2001
      On Tue, 5 Jun 2001 19:39:55 -0700 "D & L Mattole" <mattole@...>
      > Someone may have posted this already and I missed it, but here's an
      > article discussing Harpercollins plans to spin-off more books in the
      > series without any Christian imagery.
      > 04/581479.html

      From the article:

      "For instance, the death of Christ is enacted in The Last Battle when
      Aslan offers to be killed by the evil White Witch so Edmund, one of the
      British children, may live. Aslan later comes back to life, symbolizing
      Christ's resurrection."

      They seem to be revising the books already. Hmmmm....

      Matt Currently Reading: The Green Branch by Edith Pargeter

      "I do not thinkt hat the great object in life is to make everything
      -- Senator Henry M. Teller