Narnia without Allegory

  • D & L Mattole
    Message 1 of 2 , Jun 5, 2001
      Someone may have posted this already and I missed it, but here's an article
      discussing Harpercollins plans to spin-off more books in the Narnia series
      without any Christian imagery.

      http://www.nationalpost.com/artslife/arts/books/story.html?f=/stories/200106
      04/581479.html
    • Matthew S Winslow
      Message 2 of 2 , Jun 6, 2001
        On Tue, 5 Jun 2001 19:39:55 -0700 "D & L Mattole" <mattole@...>
        writes:
        > Someone may have posted this already and I missed it, but here's an
        > article discussing Harpercollins plans to spin-off more books in the
        Narnia
        > series without any Christian imagery.

        http://www.nationalpost.com/artslife/arts/books/story.html?f=/stories/200
        106
        > 04/581479.html

        From the article:

        "For instance, the death of Christ is enacted in The Last Battle when
        Aslan offers to be killed by the evil White Witch so Edmund, one of the
        British children, may live. Aslan later comes back to life, symbolizing
        Christ's resurrection."

        They seem to be revising the books already. Hmmmm....

        Matt Currently Reading: The Green Branch by Edith Pargeter

        "I do not thinkt hat the great object in life is to make everything
        cheap."
        -- Senator Henry M. Teller