Re: [mythsoc] WOOD IS FRODO IN NEW LINE'S TOLKIEN TRILOGY

  • Stolzi@xxx.xxx
    Message 1 of 2 , Jul 10, 1999
      Oddly enough, Sean Astin (Sam) is 10 years older than Elijah Wood (Frodo).
      Astin's dob, 1971; Wood's, Jan 1981 (from Web data).

      Oddly, we may continue, a man not yet 20 is to play the 50 year old bachelor
      Frodo Baggins. Frodo is 50 when he sets out, and "outwardly...retained the
      appearance of a robust and energetic hobbit just out of his tweens." IE
      about 33. Or, is a hobbit 33 about 21 for humans, the human age of majority?

      Casting a 19 yr old is still pretty amazing. I think they may want
      all-youthful hobbits to point up the contrast with the Big People.

      Mary S