Can you help identify this children's book?

  • mjrksr@hotmail.com
    Message 1 of 1 , Jun 3, 2001
      I have a friend who is trying to identify the author and title of a
      children's picture book he loved, his description of which follows.
      He read it sometime during the '70's, although it may have been
      written well before that. I hope that one of you will remember which
      one this is:

      "The book is a children's book, illustrated in black & white, if I
      remember correctly.

      The story is about a group of kids that want to design a
      clubhouse/fort/base. They can't agree on what they want to build, so
      each child builds their own clubhouse.

      Each child's "clubhouse" is every kid's dream clubhouse: one was
      underground, another up a tree. There is incredible detail on the
      illustrations of each clubhouse's design, almost like blueprints.

      The children each see each others' buildings and decide to
      incorporate each design into one big clubhouse, the best of all the
      ideas."