RINGS CAPS JACKSON'S CARERR

  • Joan Marie Verba
    Message 1 of 1 , Jun 2, 2001
      RINGS CAPS JACKSON'S CAREER

      Peter Jackson, director of the upcoming Lord of the Rings film trilogy,
      told
      TV Guide Online that helming the movies was the highlight of his career.
      "This is a giant undertaking," Jackson told the site. "But I consider
      this a
      personal film. It's my film of a lifetime. I read [J.R.R. Tolkien's]
      book
      when I was 18 years old and thought then, 'I can't wait 'til the movie
      comes
      out.' Twenty years later, no one had done it--so I got impatient."

      Jackson is deep in post-production on the three films. He added that Liv
      Tyler was the perfect choice to play the Elf Arwen. "She had to depict
      the
      most perfect woman in the world," he said. "You couldn't really look
      past
      Liv." The first Rings film, The Fellowship of the Ring, opens Dec. 19.