WOOD TALKS RINGS HYPE

  • Joan Marie Verba
    Message 1 of 1 , Jun 1, 2001
      WOOD TALKS RINGS HYPE

      Elijah Wood, who plays Frodo in Peter Jackson's upcoming Lord of the
      Rings
      film trilogy, told TV Guide Online that he knows he has to live up to
      high
      expectations among fans of J.R.R. Tolkien's beloved Rings novels. "I
      definitely felt the pressure," Wood told the site. "I wanted to live up
      all of the expectations. But when I got into costume and worked with the
      others, I just didn't think about it anymore."

      Liv Tyler, who plays Arwen, told TV Guide that she was surprised by the
      anticipation for the film. "It wasn't until I came back home after such
      long time away that I realized how much hype there was about this," she
      told
      the site. "I get to play someone 3,000 years old. I'm 23, so that's
      quite an
      acting challenge." She added, "What attracted me [to the script] was a
      girl
      kind of thing. To me, this is a dream, like Romeo and Juliet. I know
      this
      legend means so much to so many people, but I'm a hopeless romantic, so
      see it as a love story." The first Rings film, The Fellowship of the
      Ring,
      opens Dec. 19.