Re: [mythsoc] WOOD IS FRODO IN NEW LINE'S TOLKIEN TRILOGY

  • Stolzi@xxx.xxx
    Message 1 of 2 , Jul 9, 1999
      In a message dated 7/8/99 10:07:44 PM Central Daylight Time,
      verba001@... writes:

      > a seemingly magic ring

      Seemingly - indeed!
    • Stolzi@xxx.xxx
      Message 2 of 2 , Jul 10, 1999
        Oddly enough, Sean Astin (Sam) is 10 years older than Elijah Wood (Frodo).
        Astin's dob, 1971; Wood's, Jan 1981 (from Web data).

        Oddly, we may continue, a man not yet 20 is to play the 50 year old bachelor
        Frodo Baggins. Frodo is 50 when he sets out, and "outwardly...retained the
        appearance of a robust and energetic hobbit just out of his tweens." IE
        about 33. Or, is a hobbit 33 about 21 for humans, the human age of majority?

        Casting a 19 yr old is still pretty amazing. I think they may want
        all-youthful hobbits to point up the contrast with the Big People.

        Mary S