Re: [mythsoc] FotR Trailer

  • Trudy Shaw
    Message 1 of 5 , May 27, 2001
      From: NiffMarie@...
      To: mythsoc@yahoogroups.com
      Sent: Saturday, May 26, 2001 5:15 PM
      Subject: Re: [mythsoc] FotR Trailer

      In a message dated 5/25/2001 9:56:08 AM Eastern Daylight Time,
      tgshaw@... writes:

      the new trailer for The Fellowship of the Ring is
      > available in "streaming media" format at the official movie site.

      This is the small one on the LOTR channel, right? Is there any way to
      download the bigger version yet? Or when will we be able to do that next week?

      --Niff

      My understanding is that the official site plans to wait "a few days" after the theatrical release this past Friday to provide a downloadable version. I don't know how they're defining "a few days"--maybe someone else has more up-to-date info on this.

      The LOTR movies site has provided a QuickTime version which should be able to be reached through http://www.tolkien-movies.com/media/officialtrailers.shtml. I say "should be" because I just tried to check the link, but the traffic is too heavy--as a "fan-run" site, www.tolkien-movies.com doesn't have a huge amount of band-width. That site is also working on downloadable versions other than QuickTime.

      --Trudy

      Yahoo! Groups Sponsor

      www.