Re: FotR Trailer

  • Michael Martinez
    Message 1 of 5 , May 25, 2001
      --- In mythsoc@y..., "Trudy Shaw" <tgshaw@e...> wrote:
      > I was just making my "usual morning rounds" before I take off for
      > work, and see that the new trailer for The Fellowship of the Ring
      > is available in "streaming media" format at the official movie
      > site. Gotta go. -- Trudy

      It's probably going to be another record-breaker for downloads. I
      watched it twice last night and TheOneRing.Net put up a frame-by-
      frame analysis but both sites have been running slow today.

      This trailer is very different from the first one and from the
      Internet Preview put up last year. This one features some very dark
      footage and settings, emphasizing the horror aspects of the storyline
      (and horror, of course, is a Peter Jackson trademark).
    • Matthew S Winslow
      Message 2 of 5 , May 25, 2001
        On Fri, 25 May 2001 15:48:38 -0000 "Michael Martinez"
        <michael@...> writes:
        > This trailer is very different from the first one and from the
        > Internet Preview put up last year. This one features some very dark
        > footage and settings, emphasizing the horror aspects of the
        > storyline
        > (and horror, of course, is a Peter Jackson trademark).

        Anybody got a direct URL? Whenever I click on the 'Fellowship of the Ring
        Trailer' at the site, I get the old trilogy trailer. Thanks.

        Matt Currently Reading: David the Prince by Nigel Tranter

        "Americans keep telling us how successful their system is -- then they
        remind us
        not to stray too far from our hotel at night."
        -- A visiting European official, during the G-8 economic summit in Denver
        (1997)
        GET INTERNET ACCESS FROM JUNO!
        http://dl.www.juno.com/get/tagj.
      • NiffMarie@cs.com
        Message 3 of 5 , May 26, 2001
          In a message dated 5/25/2001 9:56:08 AM Eastern Daylight Time,
          tgshaw@... writes:

          > I was just making my "usual morning rounds" before I take off for
          > work, and see that the new trailer for The Fellowship of the Ring is
          > available in "streaming media" format at the official movie site.
          > Gotta go. -- Trudy

          This is the small one on the LOTR channel, right? Is there any way to
          download the bigger version yet? Or when will we be able to do that next week?

          --Niff
        • Trudy Shaw
          Message 4 of 5 , May 27, 2001
            tgshaw@... writes:

            the new trailer for The Fellowship of the Ring is
            > available in "streaming media" format at the official movie site.

            This is the small one on the LOTR channel, right? Is there any way to
            download the bigger version yet? Or when will we be able to do that next week?

            --Niff

            My understanding is that the official site plans to wait "a few days" after the theatrical release this past Friday to provide a downloadable version. I don't know how they're defining "a few days"--maybe someone else has more up-to-date info on this.

            The LOTR movies site has provided a QuickTime version which should be able to be reached through http://www.tolkien-movies.com/media/officialtrailers.shtml. I say "should be" because I just tried to check the link, but the traffic is too heavy--as a "fan-run" site, www.tolkien-movies.com doesn't have a huge amount of band-width. That site is also working on downloadable versions other than QuickTime.

            --Trudy

            Yahoo! Groups Sponsor

            www.