RINGS DVDS ALREADY PLANNED

  • Joan Marie Verba
    Message 1 of 3 , May 25, 2001
      RINGS DVDS ALREADY PLANNED

      The first Lord of the Rings movie doesn't hit theaters until December,
      but
      director Peter Jackson is reportedly already planning for the DVD
      release,
      slated for 2004, Variety reported. The boxed set will contain director's
      cuts of the three upcoming movies, the trade paper reported.

      The three Rings movies, based on J.R.R. Tolkien's books of the same
      name,
      are being released theatrically in 2001, 2002 and 2003.

      The DVD versions of the trilogy will probably contain more extreme
      footage
      than the tamer version released in cinemas to earn a PG rating, the
      trade
      paper reported. New Line Home Video also hired a crew to film
      behind-the-scenes details in New Zealand, during the nearly two years
      the
      films were in production.
    • Michael Martinez
      Message 2 of 3 , May 25, 2001
        --- In mythsoc@y..., Joan Marie Verba <verba001@t...> wrote:
        > RINGS DVDS ALREADY PLANNED
        >
        > The first Lord of the Rings movie doesn't hit theaters until
        > December, but director Peter Jackson is reportedly already planning
        > for the DVD release, slated for 2004, Variety reported. The boxed
        > set will contain director's cuts of the three upcoming movies, the
        > trade paper reported.

        The DvDs have been listed in retail catalogues since last year.
        There is really nothing new in the Variety report, except, of course,
        for people who hadn't already heard about the DvDs. :)
      • Edith Crowe
        Message 3 of 3 , May 25, 2001
          Hmm...I might finally break down & buy a DVD player.

          Edith