Re: This ought to get some juices jangled...

  • Michael Martinez
    Message 1 of 7 , May 24 1:13 AM
      > On the strength of this article, Mary, I may never want to be seen
      > in public as a Tolkien authority again. And I got off well
      > compared to Verlyn Flieger and Jane Chance, let alone Tom Shippey.

      If it makes you feel any better, Prospect.Org (or whomever published
      this article) asked Xenite.Org (and probably other well-known Tolkien
      sites) to pick up the story. I declined, although my reason was a
      bit more mundane. I've been reading defenses of Tolkien (even
      misguided ones) for something close on to 20 years.

      I told them to get back to me if they came up with something new and
      exciting.

      Your mileage may vary.