GKChesterton poems

  • ERATRIANO@aol.com
    Message 1 of 2 , May 23, 2001
      We're just back from a trip to SE Arizona, and I think I havne't turned my
      mail back on, so I'll do that shortly. But before I forget, I'd like to
      mention that I picked up _The Works of G.K. Chesterton_, a book in "The
      Wordsworth Poetry Library" ... it's a paperback and was very inexpensive,
      three or five dollars, and seemed to have more poems in it than my old
      hardback edition of GKC's poems. Thought I'd mention the existence of this
      book in case anyone else like GKC's poems.

      all for now,

      Lizzie
      Message 2 of 2 , May 24, 2001
        I saw the Wordsworth edition in a bookstore the other day. Because
        Wordsworth does inexpensive editions of out-of-copyright authors, the books
        are frequently sold in remaindered-book bookstores. I wonder if that's
        really all of Chesterton's poems. In the Ignatius Press complete Chesterton
        series (which will eventually run to 45 volumes) there's a volume already out
        called Complete Poetry Volume One, which appears to have about the same
        number of poems as the Wordsworth edition. There's supposed to be a Volume
        Two for the rest of the poetry coming out eventually. Any Chesterton experts
        here who can tell us how many poems he actually wrote?