Re: [mythsoc] This ought to get some juices jangled...

  • Berni Phillips
    Message 1 of 7 , May 22, 2001
      From: <Stolzi@...>

      > Ah well, David, on the strength of this article you can now bill yourself
      as
      > an
      >
      > Internationally Recognized Tolkien Authority!

      Do you think I should get him one of those tweed jackets with the leather
      patches on the elbows? Oh, and a pipe!

      the Bratwife
    • Michael Martinez
      Message 2 of 7 , May 24, 2001
        > On the strength of this article, Mary, I may never want to be seen
        > in public as a Tolkien authority again. And I got off well
        > compared to Verlyn Flieger and Jane Chance, let alone Tom Shippey.

        If it makes you feel any better, Prospect.Org (or whomever published
        this article) asked Xenite.Org (and probably other well-known Tolkien
        sites) to pick up the story. I declined, although my reason was a
        bit more mundane. I've been reading defenses of Tolkien (even
        misguided ones) for something close on to 20 years.

        I told them to get back to me if they came up with something new and
        exciting.

        Your mileage may vary.