Re: [mythsoc] Bilbo

  • Lisa Deutsch Harrigan
    Message 1 of 4 , May 20, 2001
      Hi

      I use Lotus Word Pro. It found bilbo and hobbit, but not biblio
      (suggested bilbo) and balrog (suggested Ballroom!). Baggins also
      couldn't be found. My e-mail spell checker couldn't find anything
      but hobbit.

      Mind you, I can't guarantee what I've given my checkers in the
      way of added words and I'm constantly adding Tolkien references!
      All those years of working as Mythprint's managing editor might
      have something to do with it <g>.

      Mythically yours,

      Lisa

      P.S. Dufour should be Duffer <g> according to my spell checker.

      Steve Dufour wrote:

      > --- Stolzi@... wrote: > Sometimes a spellchecker
      > comes through! > > I used the abbreviation "biblio"
      > today in an e-mail, > and the checker > suggested
      > replacing it with "Bilbo." > > Nice to know
      > spellcheckers, too, have been to Middle > Earth. > >
      > Mary S > M. S. Word knows hobbit but not balrog.
    • Trudy Shaw
      Message 2 of 4 , May 21, 2001
        Mind you, I can't guarantee what I've given my checkers in the
        way of added words and I'm constantly adding Tolkien references!

        I have the same problem. I'm afraid both my home and work computers are "contaminated" because--well, you know... once in awhile there's a little down time... and the boss isn't looking over my shoulder... and, well, I find other things to do...

        --Trudy

        Yahoo! Groups Sponsor
        www.