Bilbo

  • Stolzi@aol.com
    Message 1 of 4 , May 20, 2001
      Sometimes a spellchecker comes through!

      I used the abbreviation "biblio" today in an e-mail, and the checker
      suggested replacing it with "Bilbo."

      Nice to know spellcheckers, too, have been to Middle Earth.

      Mary S
    • Steve Dufour
      Message 2 of 4 , May 20, 2001
        --- Stolzi@... wrote: > Sometimes a spellchecker
        comes through! > > I used the abbreviation "biblio"
        today in an e-mail, > and the checker > suggested
        replacing it with "Bilbo." > > Nice to know
        spellcheckers, too, have been to Middle > Earth. > >
        Mary S > M. S. Word knows hobbit but not balrog.

        http://auctions.yahoo.com/
      • Lisa Deutsch Harrigan
        Message 3 of 4 , May 20, 2001
          Hi

          I use Lotus Word Pro. It found bilbo and hobbit, but not biblio
          (suggested bilbo) and balrog (suggested Ballroom!). Baggins also
          couldn't be found. My e-mail spell checker couldn't find anything
          but hobbit.

          Mind you, I can't guarantee what I've given my checkers in the
          way of added words and I'm constantly adding Tolkien references!
          All those years of working as Mythprint's managing editor might
          have something to do with it <g>.

          Mythically yours,

          Lisa

          P.S. Dufour should be Duffer <g> according to my spell checker.

          Steve Dufour wrote:

          > --- Stolzi@... wrote: > Sometimes a spellchecker
          > comes through! > > I used the abbreviation "biblio"
          > today in an e-mail, > and the checker > suggested
          > replacing it with "Bilbo." > > Nice to know
          > spellcheckers, too, have been to Middle > Earth. > >
          > Mary S > M. S. Word knows hobbit but not balrog.
        • Trudy Shaw
          Message 4 of 4 , May 21, 2001
            Mind you, I can't guarantee what I've given my checkers in the
            way of added words and I'm constantly adding Tolkien references!

            I have the same problem. I'm afraid both my home and work computers are "contaminated" because--well, you know... once in awhile there's a little down time... and the boss isn't looking over my shoulder... and, well, I find other things to do...

            --Trudy

            Yahoo! Groups Sponsor
            www.