Re: [mythsoc] A furor in Italy, let us be nice.

  • Steve Dufour
    Message 1 of 7 , May 12, 2001
      I found out about this through theonering.net. I'm
      thinking about responding. For one thing people need
      to know that Tolkien's message was about love and
      understnding between different peoples, the opposite
      of racism. For another that most of his fans are
      thoughtful, intelligent, well meaning people; and
      mostly liberal too, at least on this issue. This same
      thing will come up again and it's important that we be
      civilized in our responses. For one thing it's not
      going to do any good to tell a journalist he or she is
      ignorant or dishonest, even if it's true. Thanks,
      Steve Dufour

      http://auctions.yahoo.com/