Re: [mythsoc] Thanks, gang

  • Trudy Shaw
    Message 1 of 4 , May 12, 2001
      ----- Original Message -----
      From: ERATRIANO@...
      To: Mythsoc@yahoogroups.com
      Sent: Thursday, May 10, 2001 6:03 PM
      Subject: [mythsoc] Thanks, gang

      And, conversely, I think I want to read one book about a fellow named Drizzt,
      as well as one Left Behind book and some other things.

      Lizzie

      We've had a few replies on the Left Behind Series, but would I be showing fatal ignorance if I ask who "Drizzt" is?
      --Trudy Shaw

    • Randall Eicher
      Message 2 of 4 , May 13, 2001

        > We've had a few replies on the Left Behind Series, but would I be
        showing fatal ignorance if I ask who "Drizzt" is?
        > --Trudy Shaw

        Drizz't is the central character is a series by R.A. Salvatore. Last time I
        checked the series consisted of two trilogies, though I have only got around
        to reading the first trilogy.

        The story is set in the Dungeon and Dragons world setting of the Forgotten
        Realms and is an RPG related story though Salvatore is a better writer than
        most who write those kind of books and it was quite enjoyable.

        Drizz't is a renegade dark elf (drow) who has renounced the evil ways of his
        kind and has fled to the surface world and attempts to make his way there in
        the face of the prejudices of the surface dwellers. The first trilogy tells
        the story of his upbringing in the underworld caverns of his homeland and
        his escape to the surface world along with his first adventures there. It
        has been a long time since I read it so I am rather fuzzy on the details.

        I do remember that it was a decent read, much better than all the other RPG
        related stuff I have read, including the original Dragon Trilogy.

        Randall Eicher
      • James P. Robinson III
        Message 3 of 4 , May 13, 2001
          Drizzt Do'Urden (sp?) is a dark elf hero of a series (trilogy?) of books By
          an author named, I believe, R. A. Salvatore. I read the first one and
          thought it decent but not great. I prefered Daughter of the Drow and
          Tangled Webs by Elaine Cunnignham, set in the same millieu.

          Jim

          As the clock struck 06:13 PM 5/12/2001 -0500, Trudy Shaw took pen in hand
          and wrote:

> [...]

          James P. Robinson III jprobins@...

          author. It may be quoted only in discussions on this forum and with
          an attribution to the author, unless permission is otherwise expressly
          given in writing.