Re: [mythsoc] Another article on monkey's heads

  • Trudy Shaw
    Message 1 of 7 , May 7 5:11 AM
      From: WendellWag@...
      To: mythsoc@yahoogroups.com
      Sent: Sunday, May 06, 2001 2:57 PM
      Subject: Re: [mythsoc] Another article on monkey's heads

      dbratman@... writes:

      > Is _News of the Wierd_ weirder than _News of the Weird_, or just wierder?

      O.K.. you're complaining about my spelling of "weird," which I admit I do
      sometimes get wrong.

      The only way I can remember this one is the little mnemonic device that "weird is spelled weirdly" (i.e., doesn't follow the i before e rule). Stupid, but it works for me--and no matter how many times I use the word, I have to stop and think of it. According to my spellchecker I did spell mnemonic right, but I just learned that "spellcheck" is not a word--according to my *spellchecker*.

      --Trudy Shaw

      Yahoo! Groups Sponsor

    • David J. Finnamore
      Message 2 of 7 , May 7 7:26 AM
        Stolzi wrote:

        > SURGEONS are preparing to create the first husband and wife cyborgs:
        > they intend to implant computer chips in a British professor and his
        > wife to see if they can communicate sensation and movement by thought
        > alone.

        Fine with me, as long as, when the take over the universe, they take Wendell's
        advice and use something other than the cliché "Resistance is futile."

        --
        David J. Finnamore
        Nashville, TN, USA
        Message 3 of 7 , May 7 7:36 AM
          > SURGEONS are preparing to create the first husband and wife cyborgs:
          > they intend to implant computer chips in a British professor and his
          > wife to see if they can communicate sensation and movement by thought
          > alone.

          I wonder if they'll name their first son "Chip"?

          --
          David J. Finnamore
          Nashville, TN, USA