Re: [mythsoc] Re: Re: Aman Lost

    Message 1 of 13 , Apr 29 9:19 AM
      In a message dated 4/26/01 1:20:47 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
      daeron@... writes:

      > Oh, dear. Inaccurate in word definitions, too, or only structure? I tend
      > to use it pretty much as a concordance, so far. Do you, or does anyone on
      > the list, have a substitute recommendation? This is good timing since I'm
      > about to dive into really learning
      > Sindarin and relearning the Elvish script. Any hints/tips/suggestions
      > welcome.

      Look at the following website:

      http://www.elvish.org/resources.html

      This has many suggestions as about learning Tolkien's invented languages. It
      contains this page:

      http://www.elvish.org/articles/LRH.html

      which explains the problems with the Ruth Noel book.

    • David J. Finnamore
      Message 2 of 13 , Apr 29 12:51 PM
        Lizzie wrote:

        > Okay so far as the who's who stuff goes, isn't that all in the appendices of
        > the Tolkien works themselves? Glossaries and things?

        Not in as much detail. Nor all in one place, in alphabetical order, with cross references.

        --
        David J. Finnamore
        Nashville, TN, USA
        Message 3 of 13 , Apr 30 6:30 AM
          Wendell Wagner wrote:

          > Look at the following website:
          >
          > http://www.elvish.org/resources.html
          >
          > This has many suggestions as about learning Tolkien's invented languages. It
          > contains this page:
          >
          > http://www.elvish.org/articles/LRH.html
          >
          > which explains the problems with the Ruth Noel book.

          Thanks! Very enlightening.

          --
          David J. Finnamore
          Nashville, TN, USA