"Moderate Trekkie"

  • Stolzi@xxx.xxx
    Message 1 of 2 , Jul 5 9:11 AM
      bohannon@... writes:

      > Hear, hear Mary! That's a fine term.

      Well, they used to say that the real "nut cases" were Trekkies and the people
      who had a life were "Trekkers," but I think that is an artificial
      distinction. Does anybody really use "Trekkers" today?

      Mary S
    • Joan Marie Verba
      Message 2 of 2 , Jul 5 11:28 AM
        Mary wrote:

        >Well, they used to say that the real "nut cases" were Trekkies and the people
        >who had a life were "Trekkers," but I think that is an artificial
        >distinction. Does anybody really use "Trekkers" today?

        Yes. Not only do I call myself a "Trekker" (and not a "Trekkie"), I
        subtitled my book, Boldly Writing, as "A Trekker Fan and Zine History,
        1967-1987." I avoid the term "Trekkie," preferring either "Trekker" or
        simply "Star Trek fan."

        Joan

        Joan Marie Verba verba001@...
        List administrator for DocEx, MythSoc, MNSCBWI, and MNSCREENW lists