Re: [mythsoc] poems from "The Worm Oruborus"

  • Steve Dufour
    Message 1 of 18 , Apr 24, 2001
      Thank you so much, Bill. That's great. Steve ---
      Bill <lunacy@...> wrote: > Hmm..don't have my
      copy handy and at 3am I > don't think my >
      neighbors would appreciate a typical rendering > of my
      search > every nook and cranny of the place >
      routine...but..., > this may one of the two you
      are looking for... > (Gawd I love Google) > >
      Sir > Henry
      Wotton > > 21. On his Mistris,
      the Queen > of Bohemia > > >
      YOU meaner Beauties of > the Night, > >
      That poorly satisfie our > Eies > >
      More by your number, then >
      your light, > > You
      Common-people of the > Skies; > >
      What are you when the > Sun shall rise? > >
      > You Curious Chanters
      of > the Wood, > > That
      warble forth Dame > Natures layes, > >
      Thinking your Voyces > understood > >
      By your weake accents; > what's
      your praise > > When
      Philomell her > voyce shal raise? > > >
      You Violets, that first > apeare, > >
      By your pure purpel > mantels
      knowne, > > Like the proud
      Virgins of > the yeare, > >
      As if the Spring were all > your own; > >
      What are you when the > Rose is
      blowne? > > > So, when my
      Mistris shal > be seene > >
      In Form and Beauty of her > mind, > >
      By Vertue first, then > Choyce a Queen, >
      > Tell me, if she were
      not > design'd > > Th'
      Eclypse and Glory > of her kind? > > > > > >
      [Non-text portions of this message have been >
      removed] > >

      http://auctions.yahoo.com/