Harry Potter

  • Stolzi@aol.com
    Message 1 of 100 , Jul 5, 1999
      AOL is featuring these books today. They link to www.barnesandnoble.com,
      where I found a sample chapter from one of the books, also an interview with
      author J.K. Rowling, who has this interesting remark:

      "I really like Eustace in THE VOYAGE OF THE DAWN TREADER by C. S. Lewis
      (third in the Narnia series). He is a very unlikeable character who turns
      good. He is one of C. S. Lewis's funniest characters, and I like him a lot."

      I believe HARRY POTTER AND THE SORCERER'S STONE is on our list this year for
      the young people's Mythopoeic Fantasy Award. The sample chapter didn't ring
      my chimes, personally, but your mileage may vary.

      Another page is http://www.scholastic.com/harrypotter/

      Mary S
    • Berni Phillips
      Message 100 of 100 , Aug 17, 2005
        From: "Stolzi" <Stolzi@...>

        > http://www.comics.com/comics/nancy/archive/nancy-20050817.html
        >
        > or
        >
        > http://tinyurl.com/c5mr8

        Wow, I didn't know they were still publishing Nancy! I see they've updated
        the look of her aunt's but not Nancy herself. I guess it would be like
        Blondie and Dagwood getting different hairstyles. They're all prisoners of
        their hairdos.

        Berni