Re: [mythsoc] Digest Number 567

  • stephen@stephen.com
    Message 1 of 1 , Apr 21, 2001
      ><<Since then I have wondered whether
      >there are any other fantasy novels based on a religious conception of the
      >world, taking place in an imaginary world, and related to other world
      >religions than Christianity. >>

      Roger Zelazny's "Lord of Light" is (more or less) about a human bodhisattva
      on an alien world in the distant future. Despite the way that sounds, I think
      of it more as Mythopoeic Fantasy than Space Opera. It has some light SciFi
      elements, but in the end it treats it's world and it's meaning seriously. A
      lot of folks consider it Zelazny's best work.

      - Stephen