Dark and stormy Lewis bio

  • Stolzi@aol.com
    Message 1 of 1 , Apr 21 7:43 AM
      In searching for something else I found the following in an old BUTTERBUR'S
      WOODSHED file... thought some readers here might enjoy it:

      Kay Lindskoog made the following proposal on the MereLewis list:

      'Here's an idea: how about some MERELEWIS members creating the most cliched
      and inept openings for a new Lewis biography that you can think of? In the
      spirit of the annual Bulwer Lytton ("It was a dark and stormy night...")
      contest.'

      The contest never got off the ground there. Any ideas from the folks here?
      Mine:

      "As young 'Clivesie' Lewis gazed at the model of a desert (Note - Some
      authorities say it was actually a dessert, citing the use of a pie pan, but
      others point out that there would be no point in making a model of a dessert)
      made in a pie pan by his brother, Warren Hastings Lewis, little did he know
      that the sharp feeling of Joy which rived through his innards would one day
      be rekindled by a sharp-voiced Jewish woman from New York who,
      coincidentally, was named that."

      Mary S