[Fwd: This music maybe of your interest ...]

  • Edith Crowe
    Message 1 of 3 , Apr 19, 2001
      Forwarding for those who might be interested.....Edith

      David Caballero Valero wrote:

      > Dear Edith,
      >
      > I've visited your Web site of the The Mythopoeic Society.
      >
      > I'm amateur composer from Spain, and I'm promoting my latest
      > compositions. They are profoundly inspired in Tolkien work, fantasy
      > worlds and ancient cultures. Please, consider listening them at your own
      > convenience:
      >
      > http://www.mp3.com/gnomusy
      >
      > May I suggest to listen to "Footprints On The Sea", "Tagorth The Cavern"
      > and "Birth Of Blodeuwedd". Should this music be of your interest, please
      > help me to spread the word among your friends and colleagues of the
      > Mythopoeic Society.
      >
      > Please, accept my most sincere regards.
      >
      > David Caballero
      > GNOMUSY
      > Fuente 7 Pozuelo Alarcon
      > 28223 Madrid Spain
    • ted sherman
      Message 2 of 3 , Apr 20, 2001
        Just a note to inform you that Mythlore 88 (the special Narnia issue) is at
        the printer. Barring any unseen difficulties, I plan to deliver the journals
        to the mailing agent on or before 1 May.

        Please accept my apologies for the delay in this issue, which is 97 pages in
        length. The table of contents for this issue is below:

        Editorial
        2
        Theodore James Sherman
        The "Correct" Order for Reading The Chronicles of Narnia?
        4
        Peter J. Schakel
        Aslan's Sacrifice and the Doctrine of Atonement in The Lion, the Witch and
        the Wardrobe 15
        Jay Ruud
        Apologist for the Past: The Medieval Vision of C. S. Lewis's "Space
        Trilogy" and Chronicles of Narnia 24
        Louis Markos
        "'Where Sky and Water Meet'": Christian Iconography in C. S. Lewis's The
        Voyage of the Dawn Treader 36
        Salwa Khoddam
        The Magician's Niece: The Kinship between J. K. Rowling and C. S. Lewis
        53
        Joy Farmer
        Mount Purgatory Arises near Narnia
        65
        Joe R. Christopher
        Book Reviews
        91
        The Nine Worlds: A Dictionary of Norse Mythology
        Mervyn Peake: My Eyes Mint Gold: A Life
        Vast Alchemies: The Life and Work of Mervyn Peake
        Letters
        95
        About the Contributors
        97

        Yours,

        Ted

        PS: Keep those submissions coming!

        Dr. Theodore J. Sherman, Editor
        Mythopoeic Literature
        Associate Professor of English
        Murfreesboro, TN 37132
        615 898-5836 Office
        615 898-5098 FAX
        tsherman@... Office
        tedsherman@... Home
      • Margaret Dean
        Message 3 of 3 , Apr 20, 2001
          ted sherman wrote:

          > Just a note to inform you that Mythlore 88 (the special Narnia issue) is at
          > the printer. Barring any unseen difficulties, I plan to deliver the journals
          > to the mailing agent on or before 1 May.
          >
          > Please accept my apologies for the delay in this issue, which is 97 pages in
          > length. The table of contents for this issue is below:

          Sounds like a great issue! I can hardly wait! :)

          --Margaret Dean
          <margdean@...>