Re: [mythsoc] CS Lewis in Christianity Today

  • Stolzi@aol.com
    Message 1 of 30 , Apr 12, 2001
      bernip@... writes:

      > > Some profs who wrote papers on Narnia
      > > Grew gradually barmier and barmier
      > So I say, with regret,
      > Just to end this quintet,
      > Read Mythlore! I'm sure it will l'arn-ya!

      Brilliant, Berni-ya! :)

      Mary S
    • ERATRIANO@aol.com
      Message 2 of 30 , Apr 12, 2001
        In a message dated 04/12/01 5:48:09 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
        daeron@... writes:

        << The thesis is that Lewis has provided post-modern
        Christianity with the finest example, not only of Christian apologetics, but
        of how
        to evangelize those who are turning to neo-Paganism in reaction to
        Naturalism. >>

        I should dig up a copy, ha ha. Add to the list of wishful thinking.
        Neo-paganism and agnosticism or even atheism are the real dangers in today's
        age of exploring various spiritualities and religions. I mean, to those who
        would like to be religious, acknowledging here that not everyone on this list
        subscribes to the Christianity aspect of the mythopoeic/Inkling hobby.

        BTW Who or what is Mars Hill?

        BTW2, I have CP Snow on my pocket search list, but I did get a copy of
        LeGuin's book of essays about, I think, women and writing. Not that those
        two are related...

        Lizzie
      • Ted Sherman
        Message 3 of 30 , Apr 12, 2001
          I've been thinking about Wendell's post, wondering what to say. I don't know Lou Markos (never having met him), but he and I have
          corresponded quite a bit about his Mythlore article. It seems to me, Wendell, that you have rather maligned Markos with your comments
          below, yet you don't give any reasons or evidence for your offhand dismissal of the course. I understand that you're working on a review
          for Mythprint, but, again as I see it, you now either need to substantiate your comments below or apologize publicly. I don't mean to be a
          wet blanket or anything, but I just hate to see someone's reputation (based upon material they have produced) sullied without supporting
          reasons.

          Ted
          "David J. Finnamore" wrote:

          > Wendell Wagner wrote:
          >
          > > I've messed around about writing the review of his tape, partly because it's
          > > not going to be easy to write. He seems like a very nice guy, but it's not a
          > > good course. It's the poorest of the 20 or so courses I've listened to from
          > > The Great Courses on Tape.
          >
          > That's too bad. The article in Christianity Today is excellent, IMO. It's one
          > I'll be re-reading many times. The thesis is that Lewis has provided post-modern
          > Christianity with the finest example, not only of Christian apologetics, but of how
          > to evangelize those who are turning to neo-Paganism in reaction to Naturalism. A
          > recurring theme is that Christians fail to reach post-modern culture, not because
          > we don't understand apologetics, but because we ourselves too often implicitly
          > accept the Enlightenment assumptions underlying post-modernism. (Told you it
          > reminded me of Mars Hill! :-) Another recurring theme in it is the relationship
          > between art and the Incarnation of Christ. A lot to think about.
          >
          > --
          > David J. Finnamore
          > Nashville, TN, USA
          > http://personal.bna.bellsouth.net/bna/d/f/dfin/index.html
          > --

          Dr. Theodore James Sherman, Editor
          Mythlore: A Journal of J. R. R. Tolkien, C. S. Lewis, Charles Williams, and Mythopoeic Literature
          Associate Professor of English
          Murfreesboro, TN 37132
          615 898-5836 Office
          615 898-5098 FAX
          tsherman@...
        • jen stevens
          Message 4 of 30 , Apr 12, 2001
            At 06:19 PM 4/12/2001 EDT, ERATRIANO@... wrote:
            >In a message dated 04/12/01 5:48:09 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
            >daeron@... writes:
            >
            ><< The thesis is that Lewis has provided post-modern
            > Christianity with the finest example, not only of Christian apologetics,
            but
            >of how
            > to evangelize those who are turning to neo-Paganism in reaction to
            >Naturalism. >>
            >
            >I should dig up a copy, ha ha. Add to the list of wishful thinking.
            >Neo-paganism and agnosticism or even atheism are the real dangers in today's
            >age of exploring various spiritualities and religions. I mean, to those who
            >would like to be religious, acknowledging here that not everyone on this
            list
            >subscribes to the Christianity aspect of the mythopoeic/Inkling hobby.

            Such as I. I was raised Evangelical Christian on a heavy diet of C.S.
            Lewis. Mr. Lewis and his friend Mr. Tolkien led me to an interest in
            academia and literature. Which to a large extent, led me to losing my faith
            whilst reading biblical criticism and post-modern theory; I haven't yet
            figured out what to find instead (I do wonder what Mr. Lewis would make of
            that :) I still love Lewis' and Tolkien's books and happily collect old
            hardback editions of them. I attended the Tolkien Centuary Conference at
            Oxford in the early 90's, wrote my undergraduate honor's thesis on
            narrative structure in LoTR, and am now trying to write a paper on an
            aspect of the Narnia books. I have long striven to work on both my
            scholarly and "creative" endeavors in the manner that Lewis and Tolkien
            did. Someday I will write those novels (and someday I will finish my Lewis
            paper!) I am a happy Unitarian-Universalist. And although neo-paganism
            doesn't work for me, I don't find it at all dangerous.

            I appreciate Lizzie's acknowledgement that not all of us on this list are
            Christian. But I would reiterate, please do remember that you can be
            religious and care deeply about these kinds of questions without being
            Christian. And I do enjoy listening to these conversations.

            thanks!!

            - Jen, who is still amazed that she had to explain the crucifixion to her
            freshman English class when we read Flannery O'Conner......
            Message 5 of 30 , Apr 12, 2001
              In a message dated 4/12/01 7:32:40 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
              tedsherman@... writes:

              > It seems to me, Wendell, that you have rather maligned Markos with your
              > comments
              > below, yet you don't give any reasons or evidence for your offhand
              > dismissal of the course.

              I'm going to go ahead now and write that review and post it (or at least a
              summary of it) within the next few days in order to give my reasons.
              "Maligned" strikes me as a rather strong way to put my objections. I'm not
              accusing him of any moral faults. "Offhand" isn't a term I'd use for my
              objections either. I've listened to the entire course twice so far and I
              plan to listen to it a third time on a tape player when I can start and stop
              it at will, marking down my comments as I go.

              When I call it "not a good course," I'm comparing it to the level of courses
              I expect in The Great Courses on Tape, where course sets cost about $10 to
              $14 per hour's worth of lecture. I expect them to be better than average
              courses in their subject. Most of them are. If I were to compare Markos's
              course with an average course at most colleges, it's no better or worse than
              most.

              He's so enthusiastic in his presentation that I wish I could praise the
              course more. Unfortunately, I don't think he's made a good choice of topics
              to discuss about Lewis. At times, he doesn't know Lewis's works quite as
              well as he should. At times he drifts off the subject of Lewis's works and
              seems to be just discussing his own ideas. He spends too much time on
              certain things and neglects others. At times his enthusiasm leads to an
              exaggerations about Lewis that I suspect would turn off someone new to
              Lewis's works. But all this is just an outline of my objections. I'll be
              writing a full review in a few days.

              If I wanted to malign someone, I'd malign the people at The Teaching Company
              (which produces The Great Courses on Tape). Their publicity more or less
              claims that they only offer the best course offered anywhere in the U.S. on a
              particular subject, as if they had people flying around the country recording
              lectures by many different professors before choosing the one that's the best
              for that subject. In fact, they operate in a much more haphazard fashion,
              getting recommendations from customers and occasionally flying in professors
              to test their lecturing styles. In some cases when they have already done
              one series with a professor, they ask him if he has any other courses he'd
              like to do.

              That's what happened in this case. Markos isn't even a Lewis scholar. His
              specialty is the Romantic poets. He'd already done a course in literary
              criticism and several lectures in another huge course on the Western
              intellectual thought when he suggested to them that he do this Lewis course.
              He'd never done a course in Lewis at his college. I object to this course
              not because it's terrible (it's certainly not terrible) but because I think
              they could have found a better course on Lewis somewhere than this. Why
              didn't they check out Diana Glyer speaking on Lewis, or Joe Christopher, or
              Ted Sherman?

            • Ted Sherman
              Message 6 of 30 , Apr 13, 2001
                I owe you an apology, Wendell. My message last evening was poorly worded, because
                of a rush to get it out before heading off to church. My intent was simply to ask
                you to support your assertion that Markos's course was poor with some clear facts
                and or reasons. I think you owe it to him to do so since he isn't here to defend
                himself and for sheer honesty's sake. Thanks for your lengthy post and I look
                forward to your review. (Of course, if you wanted to submit your review to
                Mythlore, you are more than welcome.)

                Ted

                Message 7 of 30 , Apr 13, 2001
                  In a message dated 04/12/01 9:36:23 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
                  jstevens@... writes:

                  << I appreciate Lizzie's acknowledgement that not all of us on this list are
                  Christian. But I would reiterate, please do remember that you can be
                  religious and care deeply about these kinds of questions without being
                  Christian. And I do enjoy listening to these conversations. >>

                  I apologize to anyone I may have offended. I was just trying not to get a
                  "remember not everyone on the list is religious-whatever" smack... but I'm
                  not the most eloquent creature. I hear your story, though... you never know
                  where reading will take you! I'm never sure how to step in the discussion of
                  this stuff... between the Christian writers who are very conservative, those
                  who many of us enjoy and who happen to be Christian, and just plain secular
                  fantasy... did I get that sort of categorizing right anyway?

                  Lizzie
                • Matthew S Winslow
                  Message 8 of 30 , Apr 13, 2001
                    On Thu, 12 Apr 2001 18:19:49 EDT ERATRIANO@... writes:
                    > BTW Who or what is Mars Hill?

                    OK, I was avoiding bringing this up on-list since Mars Hill usually is
                    not at all applicable, but, lo and behold, I rec'd the most recent issue
                    yesterday, and the final interview is with Ralph Wood on 'the peculiar
                    heroism of Frodo Baggins of Bag End,' so it's probably safe to at least
                    give a quick blurb now <g>.

                    Mars Hill Audio Journal is a bi-monthly tape series produced by Ken
                    Myers, formerly of NPR. Each issue is 90 minutes long (tape or CD) and
                    contains 7 to 11 interviews with leading thinkers today. The series' aim
                    is to look at modern (or rather, postmodern) culture from the framework
                    of Christian conviction. Mars Hill Audio is nondenominational, covering
                    such diverse issues as the Pope's ideas of human embodiment (a recent
                    interview with George Weigel, the Pope's biographer) to the
                    character-building virtues of farmers (from an interview with Victor
                    Davis Hanson).

                    More information can be found at www.marshillaudio.org.

                    BTW, I haven't listened to the Wood interview yet -- still working my way
                    through this issue.

                    Matt Currently Reading: Scaramouche by Rafael
                    Sabatini

                    "Sometimes I think a lot of disputes between people could be solved if
                    everybody had
                    to wear a lapel pin showing what they looked like as children. That way,
                    you'd kind
                    of feel sorry for them."--Chris Ware
                    GET INTERNET ACCESS FROM JUNO!
                    http://dl.www.juno.com/get/tagj.
                  • jen stevens
                    Message 9 of 30 , Apr 13, 2001
                      At 08:07 AM 4/13/2001 EDT, you wrote:
                      >In a message dated 04/12/01 9:36:23 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
                      >jstevens@... writes:
                      >
                      ><< I appreciate Lizzie's acknowledgement that not all of us on this list are
                      >Christian. But I would reiterate, please do remember that you can be
                      >religious and care deeply about these kinds of questions without being
                      >Christian. And I do enjoy listening to these conversations. >>
                      >
                      >I apologize to anyone I may have offended. I was just trying not to get a
                      >"remember not everyone on the list is religious-whatever" smack... but I'm
                      >not the most eloquent creature. I hear your story, though... you never know
                      >where reading will take you! I'm never sure how to step in the discussion
                      of
                      >this stuff... between the Christian writers who are very conservative, those
                      >who many of us enjoy and who happen to be Christian, and just plain secular
                      >fantasy... did I get that sort of categorizing right anyway?

                      No need to apologize Lizzie :) I just saw it as an opportunity to mention
                      that there are indeed non-Christian folks out here in Email Land that read
                      Lewis (or at least one folk anyway!) I see a lot of threads that implicitly
                      assume the audience is all Christian. It's quite natural and easy to forget
                      that in a list devoted to Lewis and Lewis type writers. If the list would
                      prefer to assume such in a more formal manner, works for me. I tend to be a
                      minority in either the "secular" or "Lewis" camp anyway. Or we could say
                      that there is a dynamic opposition between the "Christian" aspects and the
                      "fantasy" aspects and happily problemetize away! (not that Lewis saw any
                      such contradiction of course!)

                      Incidentally, there is a former prominant Neo-Pagan who became a Marion
                      Catholic in the last few years. So indeed, one never knows where reading
                      will take one! I'm not done with this journey yet!

                      - Jen
                    • David J. Finnamore
                      Message 10 of 30 , Apr 13, 2001
                        Hi, Jen!

                        Jen Stevens wrote:

                        > I appreciate Lizzie's acknowledgement that not all of us on this list are
                        > Christian. But I would reiterate, please do remember that you can be
                        > religious and care deeply about these kinds of questions without being
                        > Christian. And I do enjoy listening to these conversations.

                        I almost acknowledged it in my original post but decided that it goes without saying. Guess I should be more sensitive. I do hope there's no
                        one out there silently brooding about it. When I said "we," I meant Markos and I and other evangelicals, not we, the members of this list. I
                        would have been greatly surprised if the latter were entirely a subset of the former! My apologies for not making that clear.

                        It's great to know that there is a good mix of viewpoints here. That always makes conversation more interesting.

                        --
                        David J. Finnamore
                        Nashville, TN, USA
                        Message 11 of 30 , Apr 14, 2001
                          In a message dated 4/13/01 9:24:50 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
                          jstevens@... writes:

                          > Incidentally, there is a former prominant Neo-Pagan who became a Marion
                          > Catholic in the last few years.

                          So, does this person go to the Marion Catholic School in Ohio or the one in
                          Australia? Or did you mean Marian Catholic? There's a religious order
                          called the Marianists. Are these people properly referred to as Marian
                          Catholics? I'm confused.

                        • Berni Phillips
                          Message 12 of 30 , Apr 14, 2001
                            From: "David J. Finnamore" <daeron@...>
                            > Jen Stevens wrote:
                            >
                            > > I appreciate Lizzie's acknowledgement that not all of us on this list
                            are
                            > > Christian. But I would reiterate, please do remember that you can be
                            > > religious and care deeply about these kinds of questions without being
                            > > Christian. And I do enjoy listening to these conversations.
                            >
                            > I almost acknowledged it in my original post but decided that it goes
                            without saying. Guess I should be more sensitive. I do hope there's no
                            > one out there silently brooding about it. When I said "we," I meant
                            Markos and I and other evangelicals, not we, the members of this list. I
                            > would have been greatly surprised if the latter were entirely a subset of
                            the former! My apologies for not making that clear.

                            > It's great to know that there is a good mix of viewpoints here. That
                            always makes conversation more interesting.

                            I am reminded of a past Mythcon -- I think it was at the Lewis Centenary at
                            Wheaton, when David Lenander casually suggested that the Mythopoeic
                            Society's unofficial song should be Dar Williams' "The Christians and the
                            Pagans" (or whatever the official title of that song is). Someone else
                            sniffed at that suggestion, stating that she was an athiest so it didn't
                            include her. And my best beloved and some of the others are Jewish, so we
                            really are a mixed lot here. Even among the Christians, we're evangelical
                            and Roman Catholic, Unitarian and Orthodox, etc.

                            So, with that said, I wish all the best Easter, Pesach*, or whatever you may
                            happen to be celebrating this weekend!

                            Berni

                            *I hope I spelled that correctly. The shiksa's trying to say "Passover."
                          • Berni Phillips
                            Message 13 of 30 , Apr 14, 2001
                              From: <WendellWag@...>

                              > jstevens@... writes:
                              >
                              > > Incidentally, there is a former prominant Neo-Pagan who became a Marion
                              > > Catholic in the last few years.
                              >
                              > So, does this person go to the Marion Catholic School in Ohio or the one
                              in
                              > Australia? Or did you mean Marian Catholic? There's a religious order
                              > called the Marianists. Are these people properly referred to as Marian
                              > Catholics? I'm confused.

                              I'm confused by the term Marion Catholic, too, but I can tell you about the
                              Marianists (since they run my parish). The Marianists are the members of
                              the Society of Mary, a religious order of priests and brothers founded in
                              France after the French Revolution (hence the equality of the priests and
                              brothers, unusual in older religious orders) by Blessed William Chaminade.
                              They are a teaching order who run various high schools and universities.
                              They are called Marianists just as Society of Jesus members are called
                              Jesuits.

                              (Catholic trivia continued: their motto is "to Jesus through Mary," and
                              their emblem has the words "Do whatever He tells you," referencing the
                              wedding feast at Cana.)

                              Berni
                            • jstevens@pullman.com
                              Message 14 of 30 , Apr 14, 2001
                                > In a message dated 4/13/01 9:24:50 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
                                > jstevens@... writes:
                                >
                                > > Incidentally, there is a former prominant Neo-Pagan who became a Marion
                                > > Catholic in the last few years.
                                >
                                > So, does this person go to the Marion Catholic School in Ohio or the one in
                                > Australia? Or did you mean Marian Catholic? There's a religious order
                                > called the Marianists. Are these people properly referred to as Marian
                                > Catholics? I'm confused.

                                Honestly, so I am now that I think about it; I apologize for any confusion. It
                                was from a bit in "Calling down the Moon." The person in question was very into
                                the Goddess as a neo-pagan; he later became a Catholic because of his interest
                                in the Virgin Mary; I don't know if he would be called a "Christian" in all
                                circles. I called him a Marion Catholic because of his focus on Mary, but I see
                                now that was confusing and misleading!

                                I noted because I found it quite interesting that one could start in one
                                direction, be led to another, and arrive at still another (possibly the same
                                that one started at). Sort of like the Pilgims' Regress.

                                -
                                Jen

                                http://www.fsr.net/
                              • jstevens@pullman.com
                                Message 15 of 30 , Apr 14, 2001

                                  > From: "David J. Finnamore" <daeron@...>

                                  > > I almost acknowledged it in my original post but decided that it goes
                                  > without saying. Guess I should be more sensitive. I do hope there's no
                                  > > one out there silently brooding about it. When I said "we," I meant
                                  > Markos and I and other evangelicals, not we, the members of this list. I
                                  > > would have been greatly surprised if the latter were entirely a subset of
                                  > the former! My apologies for not making that clear.

                                  Quite all right :)

                                  > > It's great to know that there is a good mix of viewpoints here. That
                                  > always makes conversation more interesting.

                                  Yes. It'd be so boring if everyone agreed with everyone! Like I said, I really
                                  do enjoy the conversations here!

                                  > I am reminded of a past Mythcon -- I think it was at the Lewis Centenary at
                                  > Wheaton, when David Lenander casually suggested that the Mythopoeic
                                  > Society's unofficial song should be Dar Williams' "The Christians and the
                                  > Pagans" (or whatever the official title of that song is).

                                  Ooh. I love that. Darn. Now I really wish I'd gone to the Lewis Centenary! I
                                  think my excuse was school-induced poverty...

                                  > So, with that said, I wish all the best Easter, Pesach*, or whatever you may
                                  > happen to be celebrating this weekend!

                                  Merry Easter!

                                  -
                                  Jen

                                  http://www.fsr.net/
                                • Trudy Shaw
                                  Message 16 of 30 , Apr 16, 2001
                                    Afraid I've deleted many of the beginning posts in this thread, so I can't go back and see exactly what everyone said. I do remember it started with a notice of an article on CS Lewis in the Chrisianity Today magazine. As a decidedly non-Evangelical Christian, that's not a magazine I read, but I appreciated the notice--I'd also appreciate a notice if there were an article on Tolkien in a New Age magazine, or on Charles Williams in a secular poetry review, etc. I wouldn't want to miss knowing about them because the person who found them is afraid to offend someone on the list. (I don't think anyone who's been posting on this has suggested or even implied that such notices should be avoided. I'm just trying to clarify things in my own muddled mind.) I was even interested to find out what the article's author had said about Lewis, although I didn't agree with most of it.

                                    I do think there needs to be a clear distinction made between commenting on the effects of the authors' religious beliefs on their writing (hard to avoid wtih the particular authors being discussed on this list) and proselytizing/aplogetics for the poster's own particular bent. The latter would certainly include "talking down" anyone else's beliefs or--even more aggravating--talking down _to_ those who disagree.

                                    I'd feel this way even if everyone on the list were of the same exact religious group of whatever kind. Just because a group is "talking amongst themselves" is no excuse to downgrade others--in fact, that's probably when we have to be most wary of bigotry.

                                    --Trudy Shaw
                                    >In a message dated 04/12/01 9:36:23 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
                                    >jstevens@... writes:
                                    >
                                    ><< I appreciate Lizzie's acknowledgement that not all of us on this list are
                                    >Christian. But I would reiterate, please do remember that you can be
                                    >religious and care deeply about these kinds of questions without being
                                    >Christian. And I do enjoy listening to these conversations. >>
                                    >
                                    >I apologize to anyone I may have offended. I was just trying not to get a
                                    >"remember not everyone on the list is religious-whatever" smack... but I'm
                                    >not the most eloquent creature. I hear your story, though... you never know
                                    >where reading will take you! I'm never sure how to step in the discussion
                                    of
                                    >this stuff... between the Christian writers who are very conservative, those
                                    >who many of us enjoy and who happen to be Christian, and just plain secular
                                    >fantasy... did I get that sort of categorizing right anyway?

                                    No need to apologize Lizzie :) I just saw it as an opportunity to mention
                                    that there are indeed non-Christian folks out here in Email Land that read
                                    Lewis (or at least one folk anyway!) I see a lot of threads that implicitly
                                    assume the audience is all Christian. It's quite natural and easy to forget
                                    that in a list devoted to Lewis and Lewis type writers. If the list would
                                    prefer to assume such in a more formal manner, works for me. I tend to be a
                                    minority in either the "secular" or "Lewis" camp anyway. Or we could say
                                    that there is a dynamic opposition between the "Christian" aspects and the
                                    "fantasy" aspects and happily problemetize away! (not that Lewis saw any
                                    such contradiction of course!)

                                    Incidentally, there is a former prominant Neo-Pagan who became a Marion
                                    Catholic in the last few years. So indeed, one never knows where reading
                                    will take one! I'm not done with this journey yet!

                                    - Jen

                                    Yahoo! Groups Sponsor

                                  • Lisa Deutsch Harrigan
                                    Message 17 of 30 , Apr 17, 2001
                                      Berni Phillips wrote:

                                      > So, with that said, I wish all the best Easter, Pesach*, or
                                      > whatever you may
                                      > happen to be celebrating this weekend!
                                      >
                                      > Berni
                                      >
                                      > *I hope I spelled that correctly. The shiksa's trying to say
                                      > "Passover."

                                      You got it right, Berni.

                                      Sorry this is late, but I'm just recovering from holding a Seder
                                      with all the trimmings this April 14, which included Berni's
                                      beloved David. The baked aspergrass was excellent by the way.

                                      Plus, my daughter just had son # 3, Jonathan Patrick on April 4
                                      (yes, he was at the Seder). Mom & little guy are doing fine.

                                      Needless to say, I'm still catching up on the world.

                                      Mythically yours,

                                      Lisa
                                    • Paul F. Labaki
                                      Message 18 of 30 , Apr 25, 2001
                                        Ted,

                                        I apologize if this is eroneosly sent to you, but, if so, I'm hoping the
                                        correct person sees it on the list: With issue #86 of mailings I received a
                                        notice saying fyi 'your publication subscriptions are as follows: Mythlore
                                        (current issue #86) expires with issue #90.' The last issue I received was
                                        #87. To whom should I write about this?

                                        I confess to being two weeks behind in email, I've been out of cyberspace
                                        for a while. It's nice out there.

                                        Peace,
                                        Paul Labaki

                                      • ted sherman
                                        Message 19 of 30 , Apr 25, 2001
                                          Paul,

                                          Issue 88 is currently at the printer; I hope to deliver it to the mailing
                                          agent on or before 1 May, which will put it into the postal system some time
                                          before May 15. My apologies for the delay.

                                          Yours,

                                          Ted
                                          ------------------------------
                                          Dr. Theodore J. Sherman, Editor
                                          tsherman@... Office
                                          tedsherman@... Home

                                          http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

                                          Message 20 of 30 , May 22, 2001
                                            Thank you so much, Ted. I didn't mean to press you; I greatly appreciate
                                            the effort and devotion you so obviously give to Mythlore and the Society.

                                            Peace,
                                            Paul Labaki
                                            Living (in cyberspace) a couple weeks behind the times.

                                            Message 21 of 30 , May 22, 2001
                                              You're welcome, Paul. And you weren't pressing. I hope you enjoy Issue 88.

                                              Ted