Re: Casting for LotR

  • Diane Baker
    Message 1 of 35 , Jul 1, 1999
      Stolzi@... wrote:

      > From: Stolzi@...
      >
      > In a message dated 6/30/99 1:59:19 PM Central Daylight Time,
      > Wayne.G.Hammond@... writes:
      >
      > > Yes, Lothlorien is important in the whole scheme of the
      > > >story, but it also slows things down considerably..
      >
      > And, of course, is one of the things I'd most like to =see=.... if they could
      > possibly do it justice.

      I have really been intrigued by Lothlorien. I found that section one of
      the lovliest parts of LOTR. Wayne's right; the "rests" are important,
      but the way Hollywood sees it, if the rests are there, they have to lead
      to a love scene; not necessary in LOTR.
    • Jim Bohannon
      Message 35 of 35 , Jul 1, 1999
        Hear, hear Mary! That's a fine term. Who made the rules that say
        you're not a Star Trek fan if you don't dress like a Klingon and go to
        all the conventions? Or that you're not a true Star Wars fan if you
        didn't camp out to get tickets to "Phantom Menace", or at least get to
        see it during the first week? (I did neither - but I am a Star Wars
        fan!)

        Another "moderate Trekkie & Star Wars fan",

        Jim