Boorman Worries About Potter Actor

  • Stolzi@aol.com
    Message 1 of 2 , Apr 6, 2001
      Today's Studio Briefing story:

      Boorman Worries About Potter Actor

      Director John Boorman has expressed concern about the psychological
      well-being of Daniel Radcliffe, the young star of the Harry Potter series.
      Boorman, who directed Radcliffe in The Tailor of Panama told the online
      edition of Britain's Empire magazine: "You know, his mother said she'd
      encouraged him to do our film because she felt he was rather shy and
      lacking in confidence and the experience would bring him out and that it
      was a one-off thing. So I was astonished that he was going to spend the
      next four years or so doing Harry Potter, it's really saying farewell to
      your childhood isn't it?" Boorman suggested that long after the Potter
      films are finished, Radcliffe will still have to cope with his celebrity.
      "What is he going to do when he goes back to school? He's always going to
      be Harry Potter, I mean what a prospect."
    • Steve Dufour
      Message 2 of 2 , Apr 8, 2001
        Good question. Some child stars do go on to live
        happy lives. One big thing is to avoid the drugs and
        so forth in the Hollywood life style. But should we
        have child stars at all? Isn't it a kind of
        explotation? Then we couldn't have movies like Harry
        Potter. Would that be a big loss? (I do like the
        books.) Just some thoughts. Thanks, Steve Dufour

        http://personal.mail.yahoo.com/