Re: Casting for LotR

  • David Lenander
    Message 1 of 35 , Jun 29, 1999
      He could be a very old elf. Or how about an ent. Now that will be makeup to
      see....

      Responding to the message of <2dbfeabe.24aa600b@...>
      from mythsoc@onelist.com:

      > From: Stolzi@...
      >
      > In a message dated 6/29/99 7:31:49 AM Central Daylight Time,
      > dianejoy@... writes:
      >

      > > Nimoy would be fine---if they don't give him ears, which means he'd have
      > > to play a (gasp?) human! (Which he has done.)
      >
      > Nimoy is too old, seems to me, to play an Elf at this point. Elves age, but
      > not much visibly - or am I wrong on this? He looked very grizzled in
      > TREKKIES. Hair can be fixed, but there's only so much you can do about
      > wrinkles.
      >
      > MAry S

      > We must be crazy! We're practically giving our books away! Doubleday
      > Book Club´┐Ż offers the best sellers and more! Get 5 books for just $.99
      > + 1 free with membership! Go to http://www.onelist.com/ad/doubleday8

      > .

      David Lenander, Library Manager I
      Bio-Medical Library Access Services work: (612)626-3375
      Circulation, Core Collections & Reserve Desks home: (651)292-8887
      Diehl Hall/505 Essex SE fax: (612)626-2454
      University of Minnesota
      Minneapolis, Minnesota 55455

      e-mail: d-lena@...
      web-page: http://www.tc.umn.edu/nlhome/m391/d-lena/BreeMoot.html
    • Jim Bohannon
      Message 35 of 35 , Jul 1 6:01 PM
        Hear, hear Mary! That's a fine term. Who made the rules that say
        you're not a Star Trek fan if you don't dress like a Klingon and go to
        all the conventions? Or that you're not a true Star Wars fan if you
        didn't camp out to get tickets to "Phantom Menace", or at least get to
        see it during the first week? (I did neither - but I am a Star Wars
        fan!)

        Another "moderate Trekkie & Star Wars fan",

        Jim