Re: [mythsoc] HOBBIT ACTORS CHAT

  • Juliet Blosser
    Message 1 of 11 , Mar 2 9:38 AM
      On Fri, Mar 02, 2001 at 11:54:38PM -0500, Stolzi@... wrote:
      > In a message dated 3/2/01 9:11:58 PM Central Standard Time, intyalin@...
      > writes:
      >
      > > Kevin
      > > (disgruntled,
      >
      > But don't =you= love fried carrots for breaktast?

      Indeed, I fried up some carrots and bacon this morning, and let me tell
      you, the smell was delicious!

      Julie the carrot-lover (NOT)
    • Stolzi@aol.com
      Message 2 of 11 , Mar 2 8:54 PM
        writes:

        > Kevin
        > (disgruntled,

        But don't =you= love fried carrots for breaktast?

        Mary S
      • ERATRIANO@aol.com
        Message 3 of 11 , Mar 3 4:34 AM
          In a message dated 03/02/2001 10:11:54 PM Eastern Standard Time,
          intyalin@... writes:

          << As we all know, hobbits have a passion for carrots, "surpassing
          even the greediest likings of Big People. >>

          WHAT?! Say it isn't so!

          Lizzie
        • Diane Joy Baker
          Message 4 of 11 , Mar 3 7:53 AM
            > In a message dated 03/02/2001 10:11:54 PM Eastern Standard Time,
            > intyalin@... writes:
            >
            > << As we all know, hobbits have a passion for carrots, "surpassing
            > even the greediest likings of Big People. >>
            >
            > WHAT?! Say it isn't so!
            >
            > Lizzie

            Of course everyone knows it's *mushrooms.* ---djb.

          • ERATRIANO@aol.com
            Message 5 of 11 , Mar 3 8:04 AM
              In a message dated 03/03/2001 10:57:34 AM Eastern Standard Time,
              dianejoy@... writes:

              << Of course everyone knows it's *mushrooms.* ---djb. >>

              right.... so... did they substitute carrrots in the movie, or is this a list
              joke? I like carrots, but they are not mushrooms....

              Lizzie
            • David J. Finnamore
              Message 6 of 11 , Mar 3 8:26 AM
                Juliet Blosser wrote:

                > On Fri, Mar 02, 2001 at 11:54:38PM -0500, Stolzi@... wrote:
                > > In a message dated 3/2/01 9:11:58 PM Central Standard Time, intyalin@...
                > > writes:
                > >
                > > > Kevin
                > > > (disgruntled,
                > >
                > > But don't =you= love fried carrots for breaktast?
                >
                > Indeed, I fried up some carrots and bacon this morning, and let me tell
                > you, the smell was delicious!

                Carrots and bacon with beer (and other good farmhouse stock). Hard to beet! uh, beat! Especially while listening to elves play their lutes.

                --
                David J. Finnamore
                Nashville, TN, USA
                Message 7 of 11 , Mar 3 8:38 AM
                  Not even hobbits can live on mushrooms alone--but I didn't know they like carrots enough to steal them! From the interview, it sounds like this is an added scene rather than a substitution.

                  So the burning question is whether the mushrooms show up later, or if their role in the story has been entirely handed over to the carrots. If the mushrooms have been eliminated, it must be one more ploy to bring in the U.S. audience, where, as everyone knows, carrots are a much bigger box-office draw than mushrooms--especially among the younger crowd who are more likely to say, "A movie about fungus? Ewww."! But have no fear, as news of this leaks out, someone will certainly start a "Restore Mushroom Integrity" petition.

                  --Trudy Shaw

                  dianejoy@... writes:

                  << Of course everyone knows it's *mushrooms.* ---djb. >>

                  right.... so... did they substitute carrrots in the movie, or is this a list
                  joke? I like carrots, but they are not mushrooms....

                  Lizzie

                  Yahoo! Groups Sponsor

                  Click for Details

                • daeron@bellsouth.net
                  Message 8 of 11 , Mar 3 9:20 AM
                    --- In mythsoc@y..., ERATRIANO@a... wrote:
                    > In a message dated 03/03/2001 10:57:34 AM Eastern Standard Time,
                    > dianejoy@e... writes:
                    >
                    > << Of course everyone knows it's *mushrooms.* ---djb. >>
                    >
                    > right.... so... did they substitute carrrots in the movie, or is
                    this a list
                    > joke?

                    Those are not mutually exclusive options, you know. ;-)

                    > I like carrots, but they are not mushrooms....

                    Evidently, Peter Jackson would disagree. If you have the intestinal
                    fortitude, please see the article from which the carrot reference was
                    taken:

                    http://netscape.eonline.com/Features/Specials/Lordrings/Location/01030
                    1.html

                    Here's another of my favorite quotes from it:

                    "[Merry and Pippin are] the Fonzies of the town. Everyone thinks
                    they're cool--they're the Danny Zukos of the Shire."

                    You know, I'm beginning to wonder whether the third movie might end
                    with paddy wagons blocking off the army led by Aragorn and Gandalf to
                    the gates of Mordor, with constables arresting everyone and shoving a
                    hand over the camera lens.

                    David Finnamore
                  • ERATRIANO@aol.com
                    Message 9 of 11 , Mar 3 10:06 AM
                      In a message dated 03/03/2001 12:30:23 PM Eastern Standard Time,
                      daeron@... writes:

                      << "[Merry and Pippin are] the Fonzies of the town. Everyone thinks
                      they're cool--they're the Danny Zukos of the Shire."

                      please just shoot me now. Ohhhh the mortification, when all the
                      otherwise-good folks who never read LOTR see this movie and think that's what
                      we've all been possessed by these many years.

                      Lizzie, oh the pain!!