FX CREW SCRAMBLES ON RINGS

  • Joan Marie Verba
    Message 1 of 2 , Mar 2 6:17 AM
      FX CREW SCRAMBLES ON RINGS

      Teams of graphic and digital artists are working furiously to add
      high-tech
      creatures and special effects to Peter Jackson's upcoming Lord of the
      Rings
      trilogy of movies, E! Online reported. The special-effects house WETA
      Digital is cranking into overdrive--a task complicated by the sudden
      departure recently of WETA Digital's head, Mark Stetson, the site
      reported.
      The production is scrambling to maintain schedules, and sources told E!
      Online that the search has begun for Stetson's replacement.

      Several directors of photography are working in the miniatures
      department on
      tiny replicas of the film sets. Coming up is the filming of the flooding
      of
      Isengard in an enormous custom-made studio set. Jackson, meanwhile, is
      back
      inside a helicopter, overseeing aerial photography in the mountainous
      South
      Island of New Zealand; the Rings crew filmed in a national park in
      Queenstown last year, the site reported.

      In the meantime, New Line will launch the publicity campaign for the
      first
      Rings movie, The Fellowship of the Ring, at the Cannes Film Festival in
      May,
      E! reported.
    • ERATRIANO@aol.com
      Message 2 of 2 , Mar 2 6:43 AM
        I know I gripe about these things, but could someone resend some LOTR website
        stuff? I want to send them to a friend in Russia.

        Lizzie