Re: Op-Ed series

  • David J. Finnamore
    Message 1 of 2 , Feb 25, 2001
      > The link is www.sun-times.com/index/plys/html
      >
      > I just made a few more trials of the link to Cate Plys's Chicago Sun-Times columns and, as seems not unusual with such things, it worked once and twice came up with "Page not Found". You can also enter through the Sun-Times home page, go to Commentary, and click on Cate Plys. The columns appear with, not surprisingly, exactly the same address as given in the link.

      Try this one:

      http://www.suntimes.com/output/plys/23plys.html

      I copied it (right click on link and choose "Copy Shortcut" in IE), pasted it into my Netscape browser, which had not been to Sun Times since browser cache was emptied last, and it worked. I can't imaging where the /plys/html thing came from. That makes no sense. URLs should end in [something].htm(l) or .asp or whatever, not [something]/htm(l)

      --
      David J. Finnamore
      Nashville, TN, USA