Re: [mythsoc] Myth Identification

  • Grace E. Funk
    Message 1 of 2 , Feb 7, 2001
      Edith - one wing only:
      Well, no , I don't recognize that one. But here is a story with the
      same moral:
      An angel took a visitor to hell, and showed him a number of
      emaciated, starving people seated at a table full of food.
      Unfortunately, all their arms were stiffened so that they could not bend
      their elbows, and so they could not get much of the food to their
      mouths. Then the angel took the observer to heaven. Same situation
      exactly, plenty of food, but stiffened elbows. The people, however, were
      well fed and happy. Clue - you guessed it - they fed each other.Grace.