Re: [mythsoc] Myth Identification

  • Grace E. Funk
    Message 1 of 2 , Feb 7 1:55 AM
      Edith - one wing only:
      Well, no , I don't recognize that one. But here is a story with the
      same moral:
      An angel took a visitor to hell, and showed him a number of
      emaciated, starving people seated at a table full of food.
      Unfortunately, all their arms were stiffened so that they could not bend
      their elbows, and so they could not get much of the food to their
      mouths. Then the angel took the observer to heaven. Same situation
      exactly, plenty of food, but stiffened elbows. The people, however, were
      well fed and happy. Clue - you guessed it - they fed each other.Grace.

    • Edith Crowe
      Message 2 of 2 , Feb 7 8:39 AM
        Folks, I got a query about this...it sounds vaguely familiar but I don't
        know if it's a real myth or one somebody made up in recent times. Anyone
        recognize it?

        A friend of mine
        told me part of a very interesting story. I want to find this story\
        myth...Its about god I think and how he gave everyone just one wing.
        Since
        we all only have one wing we must learn to work together if we wish to
        fly. I
        have found a poem about it but that is not enough.

        Edith