Re: Spenser and Lewis

  • Joe Christopher
    Message 1 of 2 , Feb 7, 2001
      >I am doing a paper on Spenser's influence on modern fantasy (more
      specifically-Spenser's influence on C.S. Lewis). Can any of you lovely
      people give me a few resources I may consult?

      >-Kat
      >_
      Kat--

      (1) For references to Spenser in "The Dark Tower" see my old article in
      _CSL_, "Touring 'The Dark Tower'" (written before Lindskoog had raised any
      questions about "The Dark Tower.")

      (2) For the better sort of references--the influence of _The Fairie Queene_
      on the Ransom Trilogy and The Chronicles of Narnia, see Doris T. Myers'
      "Spenser" in Martin's _Reading the Classics with C. S. Lewis_. Her notes
      in that article will guide you to the pages on Spenser in her _C. S. Lewis
      in Context_ in addition.

      --Joe
    • Gwenyth Hood
      Message 2 of 2 , Feb 7, 2001
        Thanks, Joe. Do you have a full reference to your "Touring the Dark Tower"
        article?
        --Gwenyth Hood