Re: [mythsoc] Re: Novelists influenced by C. S. Lewis

  • jen stevens
    Message 1 of 16 , Feb 5, 2001
      Don,

      Not to contradict your point of view, but while I agree that Philip Pullman
      isn't a "descendent" of Lewis, I do think that it can be _very_ interesting
      to look at people that reacted to or against other writers. Sort of the
      "anxiety of influence" thing.

      (of course, I also just like Pullman :)

      - Jen Stevens

      ps John White is one of many writers that admits to having been _very_
      influenced by Lewis (ok, more than influenced!). His very different
      treatment of the Spenser image of Goldcoffin's chamber is rather
      interesting....

    • wyspergrove@netscape.net
      Message 2 of 16 , Feb 6, 2001
        <<No project, just admiration for Lewis's writing and interest in finding
        out about his more nearly direct literary "descendants," if he has any.

        Raise your hand if you've been spending years scribbling and aspiring to just
        that career... lol.>>

        :raises hand and looks shyly at her feet:

        -Kat