Lewis influence

  • David Lenander
    Message 1 of 1 , Feb 5, 2001

      I read a decent book years ago--70s or 80s-- which mentioned Lewis in a note at the
      beginning. It was a SF novel, paperback original, I wonder if Joe Christopher might be a
      good person to ask about this. I'm pretty sure that Doris Lessing was influenced by Lewis
      in the Shikasta series, again, Joe probably would know. Diana Wynne Jones and Patricia
      McKillip have acknowledged his influence, as has John Crowley (who looks particularly to
      _The Allegory of Love_ for influence). J.L. Borges never wrote any novels, did he? He
      indirectly credits Lewis with influence on his first story, though I think it's a kind of a
      fiction. The very choice of Lewis, though, must indicate respect for his work (_Out of the
      Silent Planet, in this case). I wonder if _One in Four_ by Leonard Wibberly shows
      influence of the Ransome trilogy.

      David Lenander, Library Manager I

      University of Minnesota Bio-Medical Library Access Services

      Diehl Hall / 505 Essex SE, / Mpls., MN 55455

      Phone: work: (612)626-3375 fax: (612)626-2454 home: (651)292-8887