Startling web find

  • Stolzi@aol.com
    Message 1 of 3 , Feb 3, 2001
      "Jean Paul Sartre, Nausea, trans. Lloyd Alexander (Norfolk, CT: New
      Directions Paperbook, 1964)"

      Is this =our= Lloyd Alexander, I wonder? "Book of Three," etc.?

      Mary S
      Message 2 of 3 , Feb 3, 2001
        Yes, it is the same Lloyd Alexander. Take a look at the following URL:

        http://www.unaweb.com/book/bio.html

        I'm surprised I was able to figure this out. I had never heard of this
        before either. There was nothing about Alexander's French translations in
        _The Encyclopedia of Fantasy_, so on a whim I stuck the terms "Lloyd
        Alexander," "French," and "translator" into Google and found that page.

        Wendell Wagner
      • Stolzi@aol.com
        Message 3 of 3 , Feb 4, 2001
          WendellWag@... writes:

          > Yes, it is the same Lloyd Alexander.

          Cool, Wendell! "The Web Knows All." And it is a great site in general.
          Check out the Pat Wynne-ish illo (not credited) at
          http://www.unaweb.com/book/wales.html

          Mary S