JACKSON TALKS 'LORD OF THE RINGS'

  • Joan Marie Verba
    Message 1 of 1 , Feb 1 7:16 AM
      JACKSON TALKS 'LORD OF THE RINGS'

      Peter Jackson himself can hardly wait for his Lord of the Rings films to
      hit
      theater screens.

      In an interview with New Zealand's TV3, the trilogy's director spoke of the
      project, saying, "Must say that I'm really looking forward to finally
      getting the film out there for people to see it. It has been a very long
      build up. We've been developing it quietly for four or five years and
      obviously it's become slightly higher profile in the past 12 months or so.
      It will be a relief when the first movie at least finally hits the cinema
      screen. I'm actually looking forward to people looking at it. What we've
      done is a culmination of a huge amount of work involving thousands of
      people. It never really becomes real until that work can be shared and
      people can at last see the results of it and then it becomes tangible so I
      am looking forward to the day when everyone's hard work on these films can
      actually become something that can be shared with other people."

      Regarding the Herculean task of making three movies at one time, Jackson
      adds, "Nobody's ever shot three huge movies in a row before and I think the
      most interesting thing I've discovered over the past 14 months is exactly
      why nobody's done it. Now I know and I know I won't be doing it again!"

      Joan Marie Verba verba001@...
      List Administrator for DocEx, Mythsoc,
      MNSCBWI, and MNSCREENW lists