BLANCHETT TALKS MORE LORD OF THE RINGS

  • Joan Marie Verba
    Message 1 of 1 , Jan 25, 2001
      BLANCHETT TALKS MORE LORD OF THE RINGS

      EON Magazine spoke to Cate Blanchett about The Gift, and discussion of LOTR
      came up:

      One of the biggest roles of her career, that of Galadriel in LORD OF THE
      RING 's trilogy which director Peter Jackson (HEAVENLY CREATURES, THE
      FRIGHTENERS) shot back-to-back-to-back in New Zealand to save on costs and
      ensure that New Line Cinema has a potential blockbuster for three
      consecutive winter's (the first film due for release this November).
      "People said I was crazy to commit to three weeks in the middle of the
      year," she says of THE RING shoot. "But it's one of those
      once-in-a-lifetime
      experiences. And you really sense that. There's a real-life fascination
      with
      the books. After the Bible, they're the most read pieces of literature in
      our time. I read THE HOBBIT as a child, but I'd never read the other books
      until I came to do the project, so it was fantastic."
      Joan Marie Verba verba001@...
      List Administrator for DocEx, Mythsoc,
      MNSCBWI, and MNSCREENW lists