Re: [mythsoc] Paper Call

  • Stolzi@aol.com
    Message 1 of 2 , Jan 23, 2001
      In a message dated 01/22/2001 12:25:53 PM Central Standard Time,
      emfarrell@... writes:

      > issues of class, gender, performance,
      > colonialism, and national identity.

      "Once a King or Queen in Narnia, always a King or Queen in Narnia."

      Yep, you could do a goody on the inherent colonialism: Narnia's people are
      Beasts, Fauns, et al. -- but their rulers always come from outside and are
      Humans. Shocking!

      (But for truly transparent colonialism, I nominate BABAR in his little green
      suit)

      Mary S