The Deed of Paksenarrion *yes indeed*

  • E. Triano
    Message 1 of 1 , Jan 19, 2001
      Conscience required that I return, if only for today, to report that
      I have finally finished Elizabeth Moon's The Deed of Paksennarion
      (however it's spelt) and must weigh in with those who thought it well
      worth reading. Some of the beginning and middle parts were a bit
      heavier on the military aspects of things than I usually read, and in
      general it did not have the sentimental color and whatever that we
      think of for high fantasy. But the ending, and the comparisons that
      can be drawn here and there, I think make it really worth the
      effort. And, honestly, it was good going throughout. Else I could
      never have spent so long at it; I have given up on books before, and
      gone on to the next thing in the pile. It will be a day or two
      before I stop thinking about all the threads and stuff, and can go on
      to the next project, which is review of something cowritten for fun
      with a friend. Then from there to a book called Extinct Languages.
      So I'll be offtopic for the foreseeable future, myself.

      Subtlety is not my forte, so I can't say more about Paksenarrion
      without fear of spoiling.

      I'll be here for the day, probably not much more. ttfn

      Lizzie