Re: [mythsoc] Digest Number 489

    Message 1 of 2 , Jan 13, 2001
      In a message dated 1/13/01 11:50:53 AM Eastern Standard Time,
      sschaper@... writes:

      << I'm sorry you don't believe me >>

      For what it's worth, I was never accusing you of lying. In my first post I
      was accusing you of exaggerating a story about drug needles being found near
      the set into the claim that everybody in the cast and crew were using drugs.
      In the second post, I was wondering if you had misread the article. (That's
      something I do at times.) If it's true that the cast and crew of the film
      are using drugs, that's a major news story. It's as least as important as
      the umpteenth interview with Ian McKellen about _The Lord of the Rings_. I
      wondered why you or someone else didn't post such an article when it first
      appeared, rather than make an offhand reference to it. This is an important
      enough subject that if it were true, we should actually discuss it (and cite
      our sources), not make offhand references to it.

      Furthermore, when I go back to the posting by Jim Robinson that started this
      whole discussion, I realize that he wasn't talking about the movie. He was
      asking why on the cover of the _Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets_ and
      in a pictorial article in a magazine Hedwig was shown as being a barn owl,
      not a snowy owl. You were the one who brought up the subject of the film.