LOTR trailer

  • David J. Finnamore
    Message 1 of 1 , Jan 12, 2001
      Hello, all

      This is my first post to this list, after lurking for a few days. Just got back from seeing the movie "Thirteen Days," with the LOTR trailer. I must say, I was pretty impressed. Of course, I've been following the
      movie news on all the major websites about it for months, so I knew what to expect. This is going to be a Hollywood adaptation of the epic, after all, not JRRT's beloved story carefully transferred to film. With
      that in mind, it looks pretty exciting.

      In fact, I got chills. The quote earlier from TheOneRing.Net (thanks, Ms. Verba) is perfectly accurate in terms of an objective description. Subjectively, my impression was of a film of sweeping grandeur that
      captures the images, if not the spirit, of the book really well. I have a feeling I'll prefer Peter Jackson's effort, with all its inevitable shortcomings, to the animations and such from the 1970s. I'm quite sure
      I'll need to re-read the book for the umpteenth time immediately after watching each of the three LOTR movies! :-)

      --
      David J. Finnamore
      Nashville, TN, USA