LORDS OF THE RINGS TRAILER DESCRIPTION

  • Joan Marie Verba
    Message 1 of 4 , Jan 12, 2001
      LORDS OF THE RINGS TRAILER DESCRIPTION

      TheOneRing.Net has posted several descriptions of the LOTR trailer:

      It starts with the screen curtains moving back - New Line have created a
      trailer that can only be shown in CinemaScope (2.35:1) format... none of
      your standard aspect rubbish.
      Picture of a gold ring, spinning against a backdrop of red thunderclouds
      and
      lightning. 'One Ring to rule them all, one ring to find them,' goes the
      voice-over. 'One Ring to bring them all and in the darkness bind them.'
      Suddenly a Hobbit hand reaches up and grasps the Ring.

      We cut dramatically to the Orc hordes swarming across Mordor, than a medley
      of scenes: a helicopter shot of the Company crossing Caradhras; Aragorn
      throwing his flaming branch on Weathertop; Cate Blanchett as the Lady
      Galadriel promising Frodo that 'even the smallest person can make a
      difference'. The voice-over promises us this treat 'next Christmas', with
      captions going through The Fellowship of The Ring, The Two Towers and The
      Return of The King.

      Finally, we again see the Company (in close-up this time) coming over a
      summit on the Misty Mountains: Gandalf leads, followed by Legolas, Gimli,
      then the four Hobbits (I don't recall the order; Sam comes last, leading
      Bill the Pony), and last of all, Boromir and Aragorn bring up the rear.

      The trailer ends with a cast list, an invitation to visit the official
      website, and the following tag line: "You will find adventure / or
      adventure
      will find you."

      Joan Marie Verba verba001@...
      List Administrator for DocEx, Mythsoc,
      MNSCBWI, and MNSCREENW lists
    • David S. Bratman
      Message 2 of 4 , Jan 12, 2001
        On Fri, 12 Jan 2001, TheOneRing.Net wrote:

        > Cate Blanchett as the Lady
        > Galadriel promising Frodo that 'even the smallest person can make a
        > difference'.

        Is this a direct quote? Oh dear, oh dear. Pardon me while I retch quietly.

        David Bratman
      • MJK
        Message 3 of 4 , Jan 12, 2001
          --- In mythsoc@egroups.com, "David S. Bratman" <dbratman@g...> wrote:
          > On Fri, 12 Jan 2001, TheOneRing.Net wrote:
          >
          > > Cate Blanchett as the Lady
          > > Galadriel promising Frodo that 'even the smallest person can make
          > > difference'.
          >
          > Is this a direct quote? Oh dear, oh dear. Pardon me while I retch
          quietly.

          > David Bratman

          Be my guest. I'll join you. Bleah!

          MJ