Re: [mythsoc] Oz vs. Narnia (revisited)

  • Trudy Shaw
    Message 1 of 2 , Jan 11, 2001
      The first movie I ever went to was Disney's Snow White, when I was 3 years old. I refused to go, until my mother told me I could duck down behind the seat in front of me whenever the witch came on screen.

      The House at Pooh Corner was one of the first (possibly *the* first) book I ever read; I was too young to have my own library card, so used to check things out using my mother's card. I still find the stories reassuring--sometimes adults need that at least as much as kids. I've become a real Eeyore fan; from this side of several years of therapy and 12-step groups, his dialogue is hilarious; Milne had low-self-esteem, dysthymic, passive-aggressive thinking down cold. But, reassuringly, Eeyore's friends still love him (and he's a great self-check: "I don't sound like *that*, do I?")

      -- Trudy Shaw