Re: [mythsoc] Digest Number 486

    Message 1 of 3 , Jan 10, 2001
      In a message dated 1/10/01 5:47:58 PM Eastern Standard Time,
      sschaper@... writes:

      << One gathers from the news, that the cast and crew are either high or
      hung-over, one doubts they are mentally alert enough to pay attention to
      these details :-( >>

      Really? Is this actually true (beyond, I mean, typical Hollywood
      befuddlement about reality)?

      Message 2 of 3 , Jan 10, 2001

        sschaper@... writes:

        > One gathers from the news, that the cast and crew are either high or
        > hung-over, one doubts they are mentally alert enough to pay attention to
        > these details :-(

        Really? Is this actually true (beyond, I mean, typical Hollywood
        befuddlement about reality)? >>

        O.K., I see that you're talking about the following news story:

        > Warner Bros. Pictures confirmed Sunday that drug
        > paraphernalia was found at the movie studio outside
        > of London that is housing the production team for
        > "Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone."
        >
        > The company, a unit of Time Warner Inc., said in a
        > statement that it immediately advised law enforcement
        > authorities of its findings at Leavesden Studios, which
        > had been closed for the holidays since Dec. 24.
        >
        > Warner Bros. said the items in question were not found
        > on, or near, any of the sets in use by the production of
        > the movie, which is based on the first book in J.K.
        > Rowling's popular series about the schoolboy wizard.

        Steve, could you ease back a little bit on your tendency to exaggerate?