Reading while Walking

  • Stolzi@aol.com
    Message 1 of 1 , Jan 10, 2001
      In a message dated 01/10/2001 12:50:49 AM Central Standard Time,
      wyspergrove@... writes:

      > As if that wasn't enough to teach me not to read while walking,

      My husband was relieved of his wallet (WHY he keeps it in his back pocket,
      I'll never know) while walking along a Johannesburg street reading Stephen
      King's THE STAND.

      When we told this experience, odd bemused expressions came over many people's
      faces. These were the people who knew (we didn't) that STAND is a word for
      "erection" in the Afrikaans language of South Africa.

      Mary S